Bill Erickson contributed a patch to pingest.pl that adds new command line options and cleans up the handling of the current options.
The command line options as of now are:
- Number of records to process per batch
- Max number of worker processes
- Skip the selected reingest component
- Start processing at this record ID.
- Stop processing when this record ID is reached
- Stop processing after this many total seconds have passed.
- Show the help text and exit.
For those of you who may not know, pingest.pl is useful for reindexing records in your Evergreen database. It can reindex them in parallel thus reducing the time that it takes.
You can find pingest.pl as part of MVLC's Evergreen utilities git repository.